Please comment - I'm stuck! (was: Re: Wine crash before initialization ...)

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Wed May 22 04:48:20 CDT 2002

Am Mit, 2002-05-22 um 10.38 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:

> For a long time, winelib was known not to work with c++, as the
> initialization was a problem. I thought that problem was solved
> however. Read the archive to find out more about that.

I found the hint that winemaker must be called with --wrap to work
around it. My problem is that winemaker seems to be broken
after the latest changes to winebuild. I have not figured out yet how
to link the wrapper application without getting unresolved symbols.

I wonder if anybody works on adapting winemaker to the latest changes -
I'd do it but my knowledge on wine linking issues is somewhat limited.

> Other hints:
> - What does a debuglog tell about the crash?
Very little. I have had most success by debugging wine directly in gdb.
However the crash happens during the dlopen() call, and it is really
hard to follow the CPU jumping wildly around through jump tables.
I have put TRACE's in InitializeCriticalSection and found that the
routine finishes successfully. The problem occurs when returning from
the routine.

Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409