tools/wineshelllink Full KDE3 Support-patch tomorrow

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 13:41:29 CDT 2002

--- Raul Dias <chaos at swi.com.br> wrote:
> Dustin Navea <speeddymon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hey, received a note from Riszanyi Zsolt asking to
> >implement use of $KDEHOME in wineshelllink.  Well,
> >took a look at it, and started to do that, but then
> >realized that if we do that and they have 2
> versions
> >of KDE installed (i.e. Mandrake 8.2's way, KDE2 in
> >/usr and KDE3 in /opt), the icons will only be in 1
> of
> >the 2 directories.  So, instead I finished off my
> KDE3
> >support, and it will be submitted tomorrow, I have
> 1
> >minor change to make to it.
> >
> >-Dustin
>
> Are you sure that $KDEHOME is the right var?
>
> In my system at least (Conectiva Linux 8.0), the var
> is
> $KDEDIR and it point to /usr/lib/kde3 .
>

> []'s
> Raul Dias

Guess is depends on the distro...  Redhat and Mandrake
use $KDEHOME to point to KDE's directory in your home
directory (~/.kde3 for kde3 and ~/.kde2 for kde2...
But like i said above, I'm not putting $KDEHOME into
wineshelllink, and what you just said is another
argument in favor of not using $KDEHOME, so it is
settled, no $KDEHOME in wineshelllink, too many
headaches... ;)

-Dustin