tools/wineshelllink Full KDE3 Support-patch tomorrow

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Wed May 22 19:02:39 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 20:41, Dustin Navea wrote:
> --- Raul Dias <chaos at swi.com.br> wrote:
> > Are you sure that $KDEHOME is the right var?
> >
> > In my system at least (Conectiva Linux 8.0), the var
> > is
> > $KDEDIR and it point to /usr/lib/kde3 .
> >

> > []'s
> > Raul Dias
>
> Guess is depends on the distro...  Redhat and Mandrake
> use $KDEHOME to point to KDE's directory in your home
> directory (~/.kde3 for kde3 and ~/.kde2 for kde2...
> But like i said above, I'm not putting $KDEHOME into
> wineshelllink, and what you just said is another
> argument in favor of not using $KDEHOME, so it is
> settled, no $KDEHOME in wineshelllink, too many
> headaches... ;)

I think that $KDEDIR means different than $KDEHOME on all distros (even on
Conectiva :).
Just $KDEHOME is seldomly used, so it is not known.

But I agree, that it is better to copy to all existing ~/.kde* directories,
than only to $KDEHOME. Only that if you use $KDEHOME, then it is more
generic, 'cause then $KDEHOME can point eg. to ~/.kdetest or something like
that.
Of course the distros wont use that, and probably few people will, so we can
stay at your solution...

Best regards
Zsolt Rizsanyi