remove the --managed option

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu May 23 10:51:39 CDT 2002

On May 23, 2002 10:56 am, degs wrote:
> Should I expect to see any non-MDI Wine decorated windows if I have
> Managed=Y set in .wine/config? I'm using CVS as of about two hours ago.

There is no mention of "Managed" in the current source base, hence the
flag will be ignored. What you're seeing is something else. More exactly,
this is what determines if a window will be managed by your window
manager: (from ./dlls/x11drv/window.c)

BOOL managed = is_top_level && is_window_managed( win );

where:

inline static BOOL is_window_managed( WND *win )
{
    /* tray window is always managed */
    if (win->dwExStyle & WS_EX_TRAYWINDOW) return TRUE;
    /* child windows are not managed */
    if (win->dwStyle & WS_CHILD) return FALSE;
    /* tool windows are not managed */
    if (win->dwExStyle & WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW) return FALSE;
    /* windows with caption or thick frame are managed */
    if ((win->dwStyle & WS_CAPTION) == WS_CAPTION) return TRUE;
    if (win->dwStyle & WS_THICKFRAME) return TRUE;
    /* default: not managed */
    return FALSE;
}

In other words, *only* top level windows that are tray windows,
or have captions, or have thick frames are managed by the window
manager (simplified explanation, the code above tells you _exactly_
what is going on :))) ). All others are handled by Wine.

--
Dimi.