winver configurability - was Re: winhelp mapping

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu May 23 15:11:07 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:39:31PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Rizsanyi Zsolt <rizsanyi at neobee.net> writes:
>
> > I had read much about that some win98 type features would not be supported
> > only the NT types, and I'm wondering, why is then still the
> > --winver win95 option is the default.
>
> Actually the default is win31... But the correct value should be
> autodetected most of the time so it shouldn't matter much.
Actually it's not ;-)

The default value is win95
(which is being returned by several subfunctions at the "default" code path)
The preinitialized WIN31 value never gets used, as versionForced gets only set
in case the user specified a different --winver value...

Believe me:
I'd have changed this a loong time ago if this mechanism hadn't been the
case...
(WIN31 *is* outdated, there's no denial)

BTW, I've got some version.c update waiting, going to submit it soon.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt