Improving debugging (gdb) support

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 24 15:30:39 CDT 2002

> This would be pretty painful to use; and you'll need more than that to
> be able to step through code and see what you are doing. This is a big
> limitation of gdb, and it's the main reason we wrote the wine debugger
> in the first place.
sure. OTOH, it's also a PITA to be able to maintain and enhance winedbg

We'll have to deal with (to name a few):
- dwarf debug symbols
- C++ ABI (if we want to provide a decent C++ environment for WineLib)
- portability to other processors

I'm not pushing for eliminating WineDbg, but adding with minor cost a
real
support for gdb in wine would be rather neat. Unfortunately, there's no
solution that'll meat all our expectations... but with two, we cover
quite
what we need

A+