gdb and nanosleep() issues

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 25 04:07:36 CDT 2002

Sylvain Petreolle a écrit :

> Running some apps leave me sometime having an
> exception in the debugger, so gdb is called.
> And many times the function that appears when gdb is
> called is nanosleep().
> Should I consider this as a libc issue ?

not at all. gdb is launched because of an exception inside
the debugger
to ensure that gdb is started, winedbg waits, in the fault
handler for some time, to let gdb attach to the winedbg
process
that's why you see the nanosleep at the top of backtrace
the interesting part is to know where the debugger crashed
(ie the PC, and the function from the exception frame at
the bottom of the backtrace)

A+