CoGetClassObject and multiple servers requested

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Tue May 28 11:16:45 CDT 2002

(I guess this is for Marcus)

I thought I had heard something about Local Server COM being in place now
but when I went to try it with our product I saw no attempt to do it (error
message about CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER registered but not supported).

So I looked at CoGetClassObject and I see that the Remote_CoGetClassObject
(which I presume is attempting to do the LOCAL_SERVER) is only called if a
local server is requested and an inproc server or handler is not.

Is there a good reason why the Remote_CoGetClassObject is not called on
failure to detect a registered inproc server or handler (which the existing
structure of the function supported)?

Bill