[Bug] #724 found! Someone needs to fix it?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue May 28 16:33:08 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:08:46PM -0500, Boris Reisig wrote:
> Ive been downloading the latest CVS of wine and I have noticed that when doing a clean install of wine on a drive without windows, I have noticed that wine couldnt install Word '97 viewer, Office '97 setup, Excel '97 viewer.[Make sure you have a clean temp directory too]  I have done *alot* of CVS regression thanks to Andriy Palamarchuk. This was the following error.
>
> err:font:ReadFontDir Can't open directory "/c/windows/Fonts"
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Modules (file) MSSETUP.dll (which is needed by E:\~MSSETUP.T\~msstfqf.t\acmsetup.exe) not found.
>
> So I have tracked it down to wine/files/profile.c May 11,2002 17:59:41 CDT. [http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/2002/05/0092.html]
>
> If I CVS before that date/time, The applications work fine. Hope this helps someone to possible fix it?
----------------------------
revision 1.67
date: 2002/05/11 22:59:41;  author: julliard;  state: Exp;  lines: +11 -5
Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de>
Make PROFILE_GetString account for default value in all cases.
----------------------------

Sounds like it's me then :-\
Argl.

I really wonder how this could have broken it...
Maybe via some unrelated function that uses the same profile function that
I patched...

Run
wine --debugmsg +relay,+profile MyPrg.exe &>/tmp/wine.log
before and after that patch
, bzip2 or gzip wine.log and mail them to me.

Thanks !

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt