Stripping of whitespaces at the end of lines

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed May 29 10:14:34 CDT 2002

"Medland, Bill" a écrit :

> [...]

I didn't want to start something about tab dimensions (not _that_
stupid). If we begin something about that, the next subject will be the
mandatory use of vi to edit the files ;)

But there are a lot (>20000) of lines which have either some spaces/tabs
or combination of both after the final ";" (or "," in the case of
function arguments splitted on a couple of lines.)
IMHO, it'd be better to remove them (although I admit it's mostly for
esthetics reasons).

On the same vein, there are also a couple of instances where the final
semi-colon is doubled, eg: "return S_OK;;". I removed the second one
when grep encountered them.

If Alexandre wants to do it locally, I support him (our mailboxes will
appreciate).

Vincent