Stripping of whitespaces at the end of lines

jon at siliconcircus.com jon at siliconcircus.com
Wed May 29 10:45:26 CDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> There no need to agree -- tabs are 8 spaces by definition. It's standard.

There's no need to agree because everyone should be using hard tabs (ASCII
9, \t, whatever you want to call it).  Every editor on the face of the
planet knows how to make these appear as however many spaces the user
wants.  So I can see the code with indentation size 8, and you can see it
with 4, or 2, or 160, or whatever.

After the first non-whitespace character on a line, spaces should be used,
since at that point, different numbers of hard tabs would be needed to get
text on succeeding lines to be at the same column.

Since I've never contributed to Wine, I'm perfectly happy if everyone
ignores my opinion on this, but I felt the need to combat the insanity of
using spaces for indentation :-)

--
Jon Bright