Use of wine RPC implementation for TAPI 2 client ?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed May 29 12:55:09 CDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Yann Dirson wrote:

> We're investigating the implementation of a TAPI 2 client lib on
> Linux.  Wine looks like one of the projects with an implementation of
> DCE/MS-RPC.

Not really.

> What's the status of this RPC implementation, in terms of specs
> coverage, and stability ?

As far I know, it's completely nonexistent anywhere else than on my hard
drive. (On my hard drive, it's only almost nonexistent, not completely.)

> Do you have an MIDL compiler ?

That's one of the things I'm working on. When it's ready, it will probably
be licensed under the AFPL at first, but that shouldn't hinder its use
since the code it'd emit would probably not be covered by the AFPL.