Quick question on the Cygwin/Mingw port

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 13:28:23 CDT 2002

> Linking with only -mno-cygwin option works for me to
> compile an app on Windows, like:
>
> gcc -mno-cygwin $1.o -o $1.exe

I found the problem. It seems that some file, either a
import lib or something else is causing the linkage to
cygwin1.dll. Once it happens in one place you are SOL
for the rest of the build as you cannot linking to
cygwin1.dll and msvcrt.dll. Using MSYS for a mingw
build/target now works exacltly the same as cygwin
except for not being dependant on a emulated
enviroment.

As far as WINE is concerned I dont think we should try
to support MINGW under cygwin and just stick to cygwin
on cygwin and Mingw on MSYS.

Thanks
Steven