Problem in winpos.c which ends in a infinite loop

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed May 29 13:40:18 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:19:01PM +0200, Christian Costa wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to install the game Zork : Grand Inquisitor ( probably a win16
> app) and the installer crashed.
> With the debugger, I Obtained the attached log.

[...]

> It seems that the app's windows procedure does not expect a
> WM_QUERYNEWPALETTE message.
Damn, I faintly remember that I've also had a problem with the
WM_QUERYNEWPALETTE ages ago (about two years ago).
Commenting it out made it go away.

Sounds like we might want to investigate WM_QUERYNEWPALETTE behaviour...

> If someone that knows this code well have an idea...
> else I will report this bug to bugzilla.
Yep, good idea, since I can confirm suspicions about WM_QUERYNEWPALETTE
brokenness.
(or at least the WM_QUERYNEWPALETTE is playing a role in such a problem
somewhere...)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt