Stripping of whitespaces at the end of lines

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed May 29 16:00:34 CDT 2002

> Enforcing 'no space before the non-blank char on every line' is
> orders of magniture more difficult than 'indentation is 4 space'

Is it?

find . -name \*.c | xargs perl -ne '/^\s*/ && $& =~ / / && do { print }'

compared to

find . -name \*.c | xargs perl -ne '!/^(?:    )*/ && do { print }'

Of course both will fail on Wine style function header comments but then
you got what you asked for above.

Anyway. I fully agree what you (Dimitrie) that the point of indentation
is to make it human readable not easy for tools to verify.

In fact I think I agree with almost everything you have said on the subject.
So for once we agree. :-)