User (developer ?) friendly execution trace

max max at veneto.com
Tue May 21 17:52:45 CDT 2002

I find tracing a wine problem with wine --debugmsg for large programs
unpractical. Usually you can know about exactly when a program hangs or
behaves badly, but there's no way to activate/deactivate tracing after
program start (afaik...)
Being also a windoze (sigh) programmer, I find very useful some utilities like
winspy that presents a window log in which you can start/stop tracing or
logging of wine messages, system calls and so on, and activate/deactivate
filters on the fly.
This would allow spotting the bug when it arises instead of having tenths or
hundreds of mbyte of logs.
I could implement it as a filter taking input from wine, but I guess it'll
slow downn much apps, having to parse wine output on the fly.
Much better would be an internal implementation....
Some comments about ?

Regards

Max