fwait bug

admiral coeyman admiral at corner.net
Fri May 31 01:12:05 CDT 2002

Developers,
	From what I've been reading on the subject, the best way of handling int 3d is
to return successful.  Any fpu emmulation that we'll do should not require the
fwait.  The problem is that I cannot find enough information on the subject to
know what the successful return conditions for this interrupt are.
	On a system that detects an FPU, self-modifying code is used.  The interrupts
that emmulate the FPU functions are rewritten in the executable to use the
machine code for the real FPU instructions.  I'm not sure if that can be done
with the current memory scheme since that is outside of my area.
	God Bless,
		--Robert 'Admiral' Coeyman

--
---
May you live as long as you wish and age but a single day.
http://www.dotguy.net/                 admiral at corner.net
Webmaster/ Linux Administrator         Computer Co-Op/CornerNet