wine can't find regedit.exe.so when it is not on the path

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 10:20:28 CDT 2002

--- Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> wrote:
> wineinstall fails because wine can't find
> regedit.exe.so.
> Obviously, the wine source directory does not exist
> in
> path of just created config file.
> After the wineistall failure .wine directory with
> config file are created. I get the same errors when
> try to run regedit manually, even with using full
> path:
>
> $ /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory),
> ignoring drive A:
> Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory),
> ignoring drive D:
> Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry
> for current working directory /mnt/buf/prj/wine;
> starting in windows directory.
> Warning: /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so
> not
> accessible from a configured DOS drive
> Warning: /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so
> not
> accessible from a configured DOS drive
> /prj/wine/miscemu/wine: cannot find
> '/prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so'
>
> $ file /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so
> /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so: ELF
> 32-bit
> LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1, not
> stripped
>
> $ ls -l programs/regedit/regedit
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 apalamar apalamar       23 May 30
> 06:53 programs/regedit/regedit ->
> ../../tools/winewrapper
>
> Andriy

I do believe that you are running the wrong regedit...
 is /prj/wine your wine install dir or did you install
to the default wine install dir (/usr/local/bin)?  If
you installed to the default winr install dir, run
that one...  I also ran into the problem of "not
accessible from a configured dos drive" for the wine
progs, so I added a symlink to the .exe and the
.exe.so in my fake c drive windows directory and
everything worked like a charm...

-Dustin

P.S. maybe I should put that symlink creation into the
makefile or wineinstall?  I would think the makefile
would be the better place for it as not everyone runs
wineinstall, and therefore may not get the symlinks if
i put it there...