wine can't find regedit.exe.so when it is not on the path

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 10:29:41 CDT 2002

--- Dustin Navea <speeddymon at yahoo.com> wrote:
<skipped>
> I do believe that you are running the wrong
> regedit...
>  is /prj/wine your wine install dir or did you
> install
> to the default wine install dir (/usr/local/bin)?

No, this is not wine install dir - this is wine source
dir. And wineinstall runs not the installed regedit,
it runs the one, compiled in the source three.
This is how regedit path is defined in wineinstall:

REGEDIT=programs/regedit/regedit

I don't think there are other options of interpreting
location of regedit.

> If
> you installed to the default winr install dir, run
> that one...  I also ran into the problem of "not
> accessible from a configured dos drive" for the wine
> progs, so I added a symlink to the .exe and the
> .exe.so in my fake c drive windows directory and
> everything worked like a charm...

wineinstall script should run regedit from the source
tree succesfully or it should be changed to run it
from /usr/local/bin directory.

Andriy