PATCH: libntddl.so not found

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 11:01:09 CDT 2002

--- Marcus Meissner <marcus at jet.franken.de> wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:12:24AM -0700, Dustin
> Navea wrote:
> > Hmmm, I found some problems with this:
> >
> > +print NEWMAKE  <<EOF;
> >
> > shouldn't that be printf ?
>
> No, there are no % formatting strings inside.

DOH! ;)

> > +	\@if test -f /etc/ld.so.conf -a -z "`grep
> \$(libdir)
> > /etc/ld.so.conf`" ; \\
> >
> > shouldn't that be \$(LIBDIR)
>
> No, I am evaluating the libdir Make variable.

DOH again! ;)

> > +		echo "	Add the line '\$(libdir)' to
> > /etc/ld.so.conf" ; \\
> >
> > I think that escaping the $ in this line is
> > unnecessary as it this prints "$(libdir)" instead
> of
> > the contents of that variable, and also libdir
> should
> > be capitalized there too...
>

> perl expands that to $(libdir), which make expands
> to /usr/local/lib.
>
> If I would have use $(libdir) perl would have
> printed $( and libdir).

bah

> > +		echo "	export
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\$(libdir):\$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ; \\
> >
> > Same as above except that it doesn't apply to
> > \$LD_LIBRARY_PATH as we want "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to
> be
> > printed...
>
> Hmm, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not printed correctly. But I
> do not know
> how to let make escape that correctly.

hmm, that is interesting, i have seen situations in
other projects where using \escape sequences didn't
work, 1 of them actually worked around it by using the
same symbol ($$ instead of \$) i dont know how they
did it but that is the only time that i have ever seen
it and never again...  may as well give it a shot

> Btw, why didn't you try the code before complaining?

Like i'm going to download the code, go home, test it
out and come back up here just to complain...yea right
;)

-Dustin