wine can't find regedit.exe.so when it is not on the path

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri May 31 12:07:39 CDT 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> As I remember the links in the first place were
> created for apps which can try to load regedit and
> other Wine apps using full path.
> Do you think we don't need this?

In most cases we shouldn't need them, because Wine will now load them
properly even if a full path is specified. They would only be
necessary if an application explicitly tries to open the exe as a file
instead of calling CreateProcess on it. It probably doesn't hurt to
keep the regedit.exe one (the regedit.exe.so can be killed) but then
it must be made to point to $dlldir/regedit.exe.so.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com