How to fix SizeOfImage when loading a builtin dll ?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri May 31 12:42:17 CDT 2002

Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart at skynet.be> writes:

> I tried the code described above, but it unfortunately doesn't work for all
> dlls. It returns a correct value in some cases (for small dlls it seems), and
> a huge negative value around 0xc0000000 in other cases (for bigger dlls).

Most likely the problem is with dlls that aren't properly separated
yet. Since they don't use -Bsymbolic _end will resolve to the wrong
symbol.

I looked into my old linker script stuff but I'm afraid it won't help
in this case. We used it mostly to put the PE header at the right
place but the current solution should work just as well for that.
So I'd suggest using _end and related symbols, maybe with a configure
check, and fall back to some hackish solution for non-separated dlls.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com