Possible minor bug in bin2res

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 22:37:11 CDT 2002

Hola,
I have been working on a small project that I am going to be submitting
to the wine tree that used binary resources under windows and when I
went to convert the files with bin2res I get this error "rename: File
exists" It dumps the right wine resource information to the resouce-tmp
file but when it goes to unlink the tmp file is when the error happens
and the information must be manualy added to the rsrc.rc

I traced it down, made sure that all other tmp file acces works in
bin2res and and I think the problem is on line 245

if (rename(tmpfile, g_lpstrInputFile) == -1)
        {
            perror("rename");
            unlink(tmpfile);
            return 0;
        }
	return 1;

I have followed the directions on www.winehq.com for creation of a
rsrc.rc to dump the resource information so I don't think I'm doing
anything wrong. Can someone check this on windows to make sure I'm not
just on the crack rock again?

Thanks
Steven

"Every revolution was once a thought in one man's mind"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson