COM vtable inconsistencies with g++ (was SIGSEGV in IDirectDrawImpl_EnumDisplayModes)

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Nov 2 05:06:50 CST 2002

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 10:36:21AM +0000, Matthew Bloch wrote:
> So with the ICOM_MSVTABLE_COMPAT flag set I get the "off-by-two" calling error
> from within Winelib when it's trying to invoke a COM function.  When it's not
> set I get the same bug occurring in my program when it tries to do the same.
>
> I'll keep investigating but I'd be amazed if I was the only person who's tried
> to build a DirectDraw application against Winelib-- surely someone else must
> have solved this problem before?  Or do most Wine users only use Wine for
I'd say that *BY FAR* most people use Wine to run programs.
What would you use Winelib for anyway ?
IMHO it has somewhat limited use, given that you don't really gain a lot
from "porting" programs via Winelib (neither performance, nor code size,
nor ...).
(maybe I'm mistaken here, but currently I don't know of some significant
gains)
The only advantage I can think of would be the use of Unix code, but then
you could achieve the very same thing by writing the Unix equivalent DLL
of a Windows DLL (e.g.: hardware access or so) and using the Unix specific
DLL version instead on Wine.