dlls/msvcrt: msvcrt-popen-2.diff

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Nov 2 10:24:45 CST 2002

On November 2, 2002 11:07 am, Jaco Greeff wrote:

> And everybody is a critic ;)

And especially me, lately :(

> I would potentially rather more it to it's own header file than doing the
> cut-n-paste thing inside a function... Would it be 50% ok with macro abuse
> in a seperate header file?

Not from my POV. There are some valid uses for macros, but
from what I see in your patch, they certainly don't seem
like these are. The code duplication is minimal, but it
makes it clear what's going on. Maybe you understand, but
it's completely non-standard what you do, and it would take
someone significantly more to understand what's going on
than if the code would be explicit. And this gets compounded
to the well-known problems with the macros.

We really don't like cpp around here. It was a shock to me when
I started way back when, but I soon saw the light, and I never
went back to my evil macro ways :) (not that I much used them
before, but I was rather impartial toward them).

--
Dimi.