My WineHQ menu structure proposal

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Nov 2 17:03:25 CST 2002

This is my proposal for the WineHQ menu structure,
based on the discussions I had with Francois.

The Home Page should just be our news page. Many
projects opt for this, and I think it's good:
News are 'zero' click items. It should consist
of the WNN box to the right (as our current home page),
and a bigger central box for announcements. Each box
should have a link at the bottom to their respective
archive pages.

Below, the numbers are for reference only, they should
not appear on the site.

Top Level
---------

1.  About
2.  Status
3.  Screenshots
4.  Download
5.  Support
6.  Documentation
7.  Development
8.  Contributing
9.  Forums

Expanded
--------

1.  About
  1.1  Intro
  1.2  Why Wine
  1.3  Myths
  1.4  Technology
  1.5  History
  1.6  Related projects
  1.7  Who's Who
  1.8  Community
  1.9  Companies
  1.10 Contacts
  1.11 Legal
  (1.1-1.3 may be collapsed in one page, that is served when
   you click on About; there are too many subitems like this)
2.  Status
  (our current status page, with links to TODOs, etc)
3.  Screenshots
  (add real sexy shots, as discussed in other mail)
4.  Download
  (link to tarballs, and binary packages)
5. Support
  5.2 Howto
  5.3 Bugzilla
  5.4 Troubleshooting
  5.5 Application database
  5.6 Commercial support
6. Documentation
  6.1 User Guide
  6.2 Developer Guide
  6.3 Packager Guide
  6.4 API Docs
7.  Development
  7.1 Source
    (page with explanation of the CVS trees, LXR, cvsweb, etc.)
  7.2 Developer Hints
  7.3 Submitting Patches
  7.4 Outstanding Work
    (page with the 0.9/1.0 TODOs, Tasklist/bug 395, FIXMEs/bug 455,
     Tasklets/bug 406, most wanted bugs)
  7.2 Tools
  7.3 References
    (Win32 documentation, X doc, etc.)
8.  Contributing
  8.1 Application maintainer
  8.2 Bug triage
  8.3 Website maintenance
  8.4 Development (short page with links to the development section)
  8.5 Support Wine-based products
9.  Forums
  9.1 Mailing Lists
  9.2 Newsgroup
  9.3 IRC Channel

-----

So we don't forget, some related bugs in Bugzilla:

Other relevant Web Site tasks

 * 597 - How to get the web site files
 * 598 - Update the Who's Who
 * 600 - Add a Site Map