WINE for PowerPC?

Adam Ernst adam1234 at athenet.net
Sat Nov 2 17:37:13 CST 2002

I'm sorry if this is off topic or doesn't belong here. I'm not a
developer (at least not in C) so I'll wait a few years while I learn C
before I come back and help you guys. But I was wondering...

What are the technical issues with putting WINE on the PowerPC? So
someday we could run WINE with native Windows apps on Linux for PPC or
even (!) the Macintosh? (Mac OS X is Unix based, so...) Is it feasible
to put a x86 emulator in there, so Win32 apps will think they're on a
standard x86 processor?

I've got visions of Windows exes running on Linux for PPC or a running
Windows applications on a Mac... I know WINE is far from being done
even for Linux x86, but I'd appreciate everyones' knowledge on his
question.

Thanks,

Adam Ernst