My WineHQ menu structure proposal - counterproposal

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Nov 3 15:47:47 CST 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Igor Izyumin wrote:
[...]
> How about renaming support to "Get Help", Troubleshooting", or something like
> that.  "Support" != self-help, and as a user, I would click on
> "Documentation" first.  Support implies commercial support

True. It often has such a connotation and it might deter people. Though
in my proposal the sub menus are clearly visible so they should still
understand. 'Troubleshooting' would be nice but it already refers to the
FAQ-O-Matic troubleshouting section...

> OK, this section needs to be renamed, too.  'contribute' is a
> transitive verb, and in a context of a free software project implies
> contributing code.  A web guru would never click on a "contribute"
> link because they think it's instructions for sending in Wine patches.
> "Help out" or "Volunteer" or something like that would be much more
> accurate.

What about 'Help Wanted'?
I think it pretty much expresses what we want and is a bit stronger than
just 'Contribute' which should please Andreas<g>.

                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS