debugging a lockup in Planescape Torment

Enrico Horn farmboy1 at subdimension.com
Thu Nov 7 18:08:06 CST 2002

> > > set - all
> >
> > the debugger is called on an unhandled exception
> > the debugger call in the AeDebug registry key has --debugmsg -all set
> > but after wine prints the unhandled exception line and calls the debugger
> > there is still a lot of debug output after that
>
> set - all is a debugger command. beware also that --debugmsg -all option
> when starting winedbg will turn on debug message for the winedbg
> process, it won't turn them off for the process you're debugging. 'set -
> all' command will

doesnt seems to save this setting between debugger calls so its of no use to
me.
why does it turn the debug msgs on when i say --debugmsg -all !?!

> > I tried the workaround cause it prints out the symbols name
> > but no symbol name was forthcoming.
>
> you must turn on printing for the warn channel message.

been there done that didnt work

> > in debugger window there is a lot of gibberish shown like
> > Unknown type '#'
> > or
> > Unknown type '&'
> > and a lot of very long
> > failure on blah blah blah
> > prints that span multiple lines.is that what you mean?
>
> are you still debugging a windows app ? normally those messages come out
> while loading an ELF module, compiled as a C++ module
> as wine (and all it's component) is only compiled as C, I don't get
> where all these come wrong
> (unless your windows program is C++ and has been compiled with mingw)

dont know what kind of app it is, since these lines appear before winedbg says
it loaded debug info from /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1 i assume its coming from
this library. this is mesa 4.0.3 on my system

Enrico
farmboy1 at subdimension.com