Wine 0.9 TODO v0.1

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Nov 8 02:50:49 CST 2002

Random idea: might it be worth creating a "Works With Wine" button,
similar to the old web-browser buttons, these images could link back to
the page on winehq with a description and screenshot (or maybe the
appdb) and be sent off to the app maintainers. Obviously some (Microsoft
:) aren't going to put the button up anytime soon, but others such as
WinRAR etc may well do - it can't hurt to try and could be a good way of
getting some free advertising to Windows users who may have never even
heard of Linux before.

I'm quite happy to try and knock up a design for this button and go ask
the developers for software we consider "Gold" to put it somewhere on
their site. So far most non-huge windows developers I've spoken to have
been pretty happy that their app works in Wine, so I don't think they'd
mind.

Comments?
thanks -mike