Wine 0.9 TODO v0.1

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Nov 8 06:26:47 CST 2002

> Great idea, IMHO.
>
> We might want to make sure there is no conflict whatsoever between a
> certain point in time where it happens to work with Wine and a certain
> point in time when *Wine* is considered "Gold" and thus the app is *supposed*
> to work at that time, though.

Presumably once an app starts working with Wine, if it suddenly stops
for whatever reason (ignoring changes in the app itself) then it's a
regression in Wine, which should be pretty rare.

As such once an app is "known good" it could receive this certification
and if somebody tries the app and it's found to not work, then a bug
should be filed in bugzilla. I'd suggest (I don't know current policy)
that bugs on apps that did work but now don't should be treated
seriously as regressions unless it's a known architectural issue (like a
new control is being tested or something).

OK, I'll try and make a button for this in the GIMP, so people can
applaud/flame etc on it. If people seem to think it's a good idea I
don't mind emailing people/organizations about it. When will the list of
top 10 gold apps be ready?

thanks -mike