Making documentation - was RE: Docu updates question..

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Fri Nov 8 20:14:38 CST 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 03:59 pm, Tony Lambregts wrote:
> Greg Turner wrote:
> >On Friday 08 November 2002 12:19 pm, Tony Lambregts wrote:
> >
> >root at yodull greg # locate db2html
> >/usr/bin/gnome-db2html2
> >/usr/bin/gnome-db2html3
> >/usr/bin/gnome2-db2html
> >/usr/kde/2/bin/kdb2html
> >/usr/kde/3/bin/kdb2html
> >/usr/libexec/gnome2-db2html
> >/usr/libexec/yelp-db2html
> >/var/src/wine/documentation/db2html-winehq
>
> Looks like you don't have  db2html installed.  You need to install
> the sgml tools for your distribution.  I am not sure what they are
> called for you but they should be similar to the ones for Redhat. or
> you can download them and compile them from source. Please keep us
> informed.

hmmm... I'm a gentoo victim...

root at yodull wine.vanilla # emerge search sgml
Searching...
[ Results for search key : sgml ]
[ Applications found : 9 ]

[snip]

*  app-text/docbook-sgml
      Latest version available: 1.0
      Latest version installed: 1.0
      Homepage:

*  app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd
      Latest version available: 4.1
      Latest version installed: 4.1
      Homepage: http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/sgml/4.1/index.html

*  app-text/docbook-sgml-utils
      Latest version available: 0.6.11-r2
      Latest version installed: 0.6.11-r2
      Homepage: http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/

[snip]

looks pretty complete to me....  maybe this'll give me a hint...

root at yodull wine.vanilla # qpkg -l docbook-sgml
[snip]
/usr/bin/sgmldiff
/usr/bin/docbook2dvi
/usr/bin/docbook2man
/usr/bin/docbook2pdf
/usr/bin/docbook2ps
[snip]

(emphasis mine)

aha!  I think that's my mark.  Made a symlink and it looks to be
grinding away as I type.  Thanks!

--
gmt

Do you frequently think "there ought to be a law..."?
Afraid that people you /don't like/ have too much FREEDOM?
Concerned about the unequal powers of the EVIL RICH?
Think the government could solve your neighbor's problems?

You aren't the first.

  http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html