Wine 0.8: VB compatibility !!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Nov 8 22:42:38 CST 2002

Francois Gouget wrote:
> It's nice to make a Wine regression test suite in Visual Basic. But how
> are you going to get the VB applications compiled on Linux?

By running Visual Basic under Wine, of course.  Can't we do that?
Even if not everyone can do that, that's ok; not everyone has
to compile the test.  We want the compiled test to be run nightly
along with the C/C++ regression test, IMHO.   So I don't see any
reason to separate it from the Wine regression test.

I do kinda see a good reason to separate all the regression tests
out from the Wine tree, though: there are many implementations
of Win32, and all of them can benefit from having a common
win32 regression test.  So I'd happily go along with keeping the
VB regression test out of the Wine tree if we did the same
with the C/C++ regression test...

- Dan