[RFC] Better OpenGL separation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Nov 11 17:21:34 CST 2002

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> Well, the problem with the current way is that 'display' and 'drawable' are
> really X11 concepts... This means that the current OpenGL code will ever
> only work with the X11DRV. While I agree that it's separated, it's not
> 'clean' (in the sense that we have X11 code elsewhere than in X11DRV
> itself).

Note that the escapes will fail gracefully if x11drv is not present,
so it would be perfectly possible to make the opengl dll support other
drivers too. I agree it's not completely clean, and I'm certainly open
to other solutions, as long as we don't introduce some major ugliness
just to get rid of a minor one...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com