Win32s cleanups

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Nov 19 11:52:06 CST 2002

On November 19, 2002 12:30 pm, Jukka Heinonen wrote:
> File msdos/vxd.c and files dlls/win32s/* should now be the
> only files which contain Win32s specific code.

We should just nuke it altogether. As Ulrich explained, it's
only useful for running the Win32s *subsystem* that came with
some older apps. Again, that's useful not for the apps, but for
the silly Win32 MS subsystem. And it's most likely broken anyway.

Now, why anyone do that? What's to gain? It doesn't help anyone,
it just adds bloat and confusion to the tree. And waists valuable
developer time. Like yours for dealing with it, or Ulrich for
explaining, or mine, or anyone following this thread.

And thing is, in 2-3 months people will forget, and this will
come back to haunt us. And more time will be wasted. And so on.

Just get rid of it, everybody wins.

--
Dimi.