Winelib support

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 00:50:37 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I'm one of the Wine (http://www.winehq.org) developers,
and I just managed to build Putty under Winelib. That
is, Putty now runs as a native Linux application.

The interesting part is that I've managed to do so with
virtually no changes to the source code, just a few
changes to the makefile.cyg file.

Now, my question to you: are you interested in supporting
Putty under Wine, as a Winelib app? If so, I can clean up
my changes, and send you a patch for the build system to
incorporate in your tree.

BTW, the resulting executable is about 500K, so it's not
that large, compared to the Windows one at 360K.

--
Dimi.