compiling wineserver under cygwin - thread context

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 28 09:03:54 CST 2002

On November 28, 2002 09:51 am, David Fraser wrote:
> So part of the question is, in order to get Wine to function properly on
> Cygwin, what is the right
> threading approach to take? Am I right in thinking that the current code
> wouldn't work on Cygwin?

I say, let's get the compiling and linking working, and then worry about
actually running it... :)

> As far as I can see the only places get_thread_context and
> set_thread_context are used is in
> scheduler/thread.c, to implement WINAPI GetThreadContext and
> SetThreadContext

So actually a first approximation for [sg]et_thread_context for
Cygwin would be one that does nothing. Then we can try submitting
patches to Cygwin (Approach 2), so that other apps can make use
of ptrace, if necessary.

--
Dimi.