[RFC] Winelib enhancements (Compiler)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Nov 28 13:16:57 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> As I said, this is more a porting tool, to help you with the initial port.
> If the app has a configure script, you would want to instrument it to
> generate the correct flags for the compiler, and use gcc directly. But this
> is time consuming, and you have to worry about so many things at the
> beginning, I find it so much easier to have something working, and tweak
> only one thing at a time.

OK, as a specialized hack to be mingw compatible I can understand
it. It sounded more like a general Winelib compiler that would be used
in all cases, which I don't think is a realistic option. But sure, a
small mingw tool is fine, just name it something like mingw-wrapper to
make it clear it's not a general purpose thing.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com