Texture problems under Wine - more info

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Fri Nov 29 22:07:55 CST 2002

As I've stated in previous mailings, I've started having problems
getting HalfLife to run under Wine - while at one time I was able to
complete all of HalfLife - Opposing Force running under Wine, now I am
unable to get the textures to render correctly.

I have more information - I subscribed to Transgaming, downloaded the
current WineX, installed HalfLife under it, and it works correctly.

So, that would tend to exonerate my libGL, my system, and HalfLife, and
leave only Wine as the suspect in the problem.

So, the question is "What is the difference between the WineX OpenGL
library and the Wine OpenGL library?"

I hope to do more research on this over the weekend, but thought I'd
post this now in case it rang any bells with somebody else.