RPC merge (PL0)

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Oct 3 09:07:42 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Greg Turner wrote:

> OK, here's a first chunk of Jürgen Schmied's RPC patches.
>
> This is roughly equivalent to the stuff I posted recently, just
> not my code anymore (which is a good thing 'cause my code
> had some bugs).  Some very minor changes may exist between this
> and the original patch but it's intended to be basically
> the same stuff.
>
> LICENSE:
> "OK to put it into Wine"

Is it OK for you if it gets into ReWind too? Then just say X11, otherwise
say LGPL.

> just a thought:
> are statics guaranteed to be zero'ed out, as this code
> seems to assume?

Yes, uninitialized static and global variables are allocated in the .bss
section, which is always explicitly zeroed on load. You could make it an
initialized variable if you don't feel comfortable with it, though
(something like static UUID uuid_nil = {0};), which will allocate it in
the .data section instead, so the initial value will be embedded in the
compiled binaries.