Regression Test - kernel atom test

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Oct 3 20:01:32 CDT 2002

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:

> > I have a suggestion then. How about removing conflicting tests but make
> > Wine behave as win2000 (and actually as described in MSDN)?
>
> There is no reason to try to be more compatible than Windows
> itself. It just creates extra work and doesn't improve our
> compatibility at all. Our time is much better spent fixing things
> where we actually need to be compatible.

I mostly agree. But...

1. MS eventually will drop support for NT4 someday (as they did for Win95)
and it's better IMO to have it mind now than try to catch up later.

2. What to do with GlobalGetAtomName on short buffer and GlobalDeleteAtom
tests which behave differently under different Windows implementations?
Drop them altogether?

--
Dmitry.