Major tidy up of Scroll.c to add foundations for flatscroll bars

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Oct 4 08:51:10 CDT 2002

On October 4, 2002 03:40 am, György 'Nog' Jeney wrote:
> I was thinking about implementing flatscrollbars but never got round to
> implement the Flatscrollbars itself.  I thought about doig it like this:
> Subclass the window with flatscrollbars, with the Subclassing functions
> that I have implemented recently.

For proper DLL separation, this seems the way to go.

> Implement GetScrollBarInfo and use it to
> get all of the scrollbar properties like thump position and size, arrow
> sizes etc.  Store an internal list of the System metricies (just like
> native) and then draw the control.

I've lost you here. You change the Flat Scroll bar properties with
FlatSB_SetScrollProp, which is in commctrl, and then you have to be
able to retrieve them through GetScrollBarInfo, which is USER, without
GetScrollBarInfo knowing anything about FlatSBs...

But when all is said, and done, we have this (from the MSDN):

Note:  Flat scroll bar APIs are implemented in Comctl32.dll
       versions 4.71 through 5.82. Comctl32.dll versions 6.00
       and higher do not support flat scroll bars.

Let's just drop support for the buggers (that is, forward the FlagSB_*
calls to the standard calls, like we do now, but remove the FIXME's).

--
Dimi.