Listview

Paul Rupe prupe at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 4 10:10:28 CDT 2002

On 04 Oct 2002, dpaun at rogers.com wrote:

> Excellent! I've downloaded Xnews, it's perfect. Even more so that it
> stresses the heck out of REPORT mode, which I've worked quite a bit
> to optimize. Do you get the weird drawing problems when you browse
> the menus? Did you encounter it before?

If you mean the way it redraws only the part covered by the previous menu
and blanks the rest of the window, that is new.  Also switching to and from
virtual desktops (so the whole app is redrawn) sometimes gives you a blank
window, but not always.  If you replace just listview.c with version 1.143,
it should work normally.  It looks like LISTVIEW_InvalidateRect is doing
the right thing, but something before it blanks the entire window first.
To better see it, it may help to add this to xnews.ini under [Display]:
  Line1Color=$CFEBF2
  Line2Color=$C6E9CE
I'm eager to see if the performance improves after all your changes too.
The app draws itself nearly instantaneously in Win98, but has always been
sluggish in Wine and I could never figure out where the bottleneck was.

--
Paul Rupe                                        "She smiled, in the end."
p r u p e @ m y r e a l b o x . c o m