Listview

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 9 04:00:32 CDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:52:44 -0400, you wrote:

> On October 8, 2002 08:46 am, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > I am trying out newsbin. There was a request ("wine ui control
> > hacker?") two months ago on this list to work on this. The program can
> > be downloaded from www.newsbin.com and used for a short trial period.
> > The makers have expressed that the would be willing to donate a
> > license for tyhe purpose to get their program work under wine.
>
> Can you get me one? I'd like to have another app to test with.

I haven't had contact with them yet (the offer is on their web forum),
but I will ask. In the mean time you can use the program, it is fully
functional for 8 days. Install works fine under wine. Runs fine with
all builtin dlls + native comctl32.

> > - new messages should be highlighted using a green background: that
> > doesn't work
>
> Hm, I guess for that to work, the control must be LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED,
> in which case, it's the app that's failing. But since it works on
> windows...

It even works with wine and native comctl32...

> > Perhaps not a listview bug but:
> >
> > - there are several listviews for messages, messages selected for
> > download, downloaded messages amd failed messages. With tabs these can
> > be veiwed. If one listview is updated it updates regardless of the
> > selected tab.
>
> Not sure I follow this one...

It is more difficult to explain then to see. I try another way:

There are several listview controls in the main windowpane, you can
select one using a tab control. This should make all the listviews
exept the one that is at the front tab invisible. They are not: if one
of the hidden listviews changes, the refresh is painted anyway.

> Thanks for the info! Bug reports are always welcomed.

Two more things:

- in the left pane you should be able to drag and drop the subscribed
news groups to re-order them. That does not work.

- mouse wheel does not work. It doesn't work with native comctl32
either, it may not be listview related at all.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl