Using a DLL from a linux shared lib

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 10 08:14:02 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:57:19AM -0300, Descalzi Carlos wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use a DLL from a linux shared lib and i'm having the next
> error in the initialization:
>
> err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap 00000000!
> err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap 00000000!
Please read the Winelib Users Guide on how to properly use a complete
Wine infrastructure with that.
Simply linking in the Winelib file to your program to access that DLL
is NOT an option.

(unless you did initialize it properly and the error is actually
being caused by some other problem)

Hmm, do we have that in the FAQ yet ?

--
"My attitude is, everybody should try competing with Microsoft once in their life. Once."
- Marc Andreessen, former Netscape lead employee, in a "browser wars" interview