winmm 16/32 code split

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Oct 13 15:27:42 CDT 2002

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> well, address is only known as runtime, but call framework is
> always the same. if the number of thunks is fixed (which is
> anyway the assumption made in existing code), then the code
> can be generated automatically (of course will eat up lots
> of pages)

I still don't follow you. Why do you say that the number of thunks is
fixed?  If you mean the number of different types of callback
functions, then yes, that's what the glue code does. But this is
already implemented so I don't see why you'd need something else. All
the dynamic thunk has to do is to retrieve the 16-bit callback address
and call the corresponding glue function. And in the vast majority of
cases you can retrieve the callback address without creating any thunk
at all; even if the callback doesn't have an lparam you can use,
there's usually a handle to an object where you can store the info.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com