please don't apply RPC Merge D_PL1

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 13 20:20:38 CDT 2002

On Sunday 13 October 2002 06:41 pm, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Greg Turner wrote:
> > LONG_PTR RPCRT4_NdrClientCall2(PMIDL_STUB_DESC pStubDesc, PFORMAT_STRING
> > pFormat, va_list args) {
> >
> >   FIXME("(pStubDec == ^%p,pFormat = \"%s\",...): stub\n", pStubDesc,
> > pFormat);
> >
> >   PRPC_CLIENT_INTERFACE rpc_cli_if =
> > (PRPC_CLIENT_INTERFACE)(pStubDesc->RpcInterfaceInformation);
>
> (hmm, does this even compile? I didn't think C allowed variable
> declarations after statements)

This is a c++ism that gcc allows; it already is used quite a bit in wine,
although in this case there is no good reason for it and it should probably go.

> The pStubDesc structure should have been initialized (including setting
> that pointer, I think) by the NdrClientInitialize or
> NdrClientInitializeNew (or for DCOM, NdrProxyInitialize, but perhaps
> NdrProxyInitialize should call down to NdrClientInitialize/New anyway)
> functions. My patches didn't implement those functions, since I was mostly
> concerned with DCOM. Is this a real RPC app that works on Windows you're
> working on?

It's "Samples\netds\rpc\Hello" from the latest platform SDK, compiled
native.  It does seem to work in real Windows.  Binaries are enclosed.
I will look into some of the functions you mention after Sopranos :)

Thanks, Ove,

--
gmt

"It has been well said that really up-to-date liberals
do not care what people do, as long as it is compulsory."

-George F. Will