Second Listview status update

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Oct 16 07:17:11 CDT 2002

On October 16, 2002 06:23 am, Rein Klazes wrote:
> Upto 1.230 (== current cvs) I haven't seen any changes yet. The R
> patches appear to solve the selection issues, but not the crash is
> still there and the latest (R3) introduces a new crash long before any
> window is drawn. No details of this yet.

OK. Newsbin seems to be using custom draw, and for some reason it
crashes. So let's disable it, and see what else is wrong. As you
say, R-series fixes the selection issues, and a buch of other stuff,
so please test with them. I am interested in a trace like the one
you posted for R3, to see why, and where it crashes.

After you get the trace, add the line:
    return 0;
before the line 703:
    return notify_hdr(infoPtr, NM_CUSTOMDRAW, &lpnmlvcd->nmcd.hdr);

Like so:

static inline DWORD notify_customdraw (LISTVIEW_INFO *infoPtr, DWORD dwDrawStage, NMLVCUSTOMDRAW *lpnmlvcd)
{
    lpnmlvcd->nmcd.dwDrawStage = dwDrawStage;
    return 0;
    return notify_hdr(infoPtr, NM_CUSTOMDRAW, &lpnmlvcd->nmcd.hdr);
}

Hopefully this will eliminate the crash.

--
Dimi.