PATCH: compile fix (when all handles are void*)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Wed Oct 16 18:05:31 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 05:48:01PM -0400, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 13, 2002 10:47 am, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> > this patch was lying around. It makes wine compile with all handles
> > (even HANDLE) converted to a void*.
>
> Does this means we can switch to -DSTRICT soon? :)
Well, it depends what you mean with "soon". Bug #90 was opened
2000-10-31 so 3 - 4 month is pretty soon.
There are 9 handles to convert but that number has nothing much to say.
A wine (some days old, but in this field no much changes happened) compiled
with -DSTRICT and all handles changed to void* gives:
3388 lines of warnings
2045 of them are of type "int format, HANDLE arg", this leaves
1343 lines of warnings to look at.

I'm almost finished a short perl script to automaticly convert the "int
format, HANDLE arg" warnings, which would leave us with the other 1343
warnings. Wine compiles and even seems to run so if Alexander would
like to speed up the conversion he could change the remaining handles to
void*, add -DSTRICT and hope that the some people get annoyed with the
warnings and submit patches. But i don't recommend it (yet).

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart