OpenGL Detection & Keyb Problems

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer_e1 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 04:16:05 CDT 2002

>Hello
> > Greetings,
>
> > I've read alot of other games suffering from the "touch the keyb and
>game
> > quits" bug, but so far neither Winex or Wine has found any solution.
>Does
> > anyone else know anything about this bug? native Dinput.dll does make it
> > playable but it's not a valid solution in the long run.
> >
> > fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2AImpl_EnumObjcets
> > (this=0,40291d88,0x50ec98,0x48e09980,0000000): stub!
> > Any ideas?
>
>I assume this stub needs to be implemented in WINEs dinput. I have no clue
>who is working on
>direct input but if you can find someone that has a clue and is willing to
>help, then you can
>start testing other apps/games that make use of direct input and sending
>error reports and logs
>here. I think the M$ DirectX SDKs so if someone will help you and implement
>it you could download
>the tests from there and see how WINE does with them.

Seems likely, although i haven't been able to find anyone currently working
on dinput. I'm certain that whenever dinput works as it should it will
enable alot of other games to work also. Feels like Tribes is just a step
away from working 100%. Aside from dinput bug and opengl support it works
just fine.

>Thanks
>Steven
>
>P.S. Hope you get Tribes working as I would like to play again under Linux
>w/OpenGL

Same here =]